Terms and Conditions of use
1. Information about us
- Access to the logos is provided by the Scottish Government (‘we’/ ‘us’/ ‘our’).
2. Accessing the logos
- Access to and use by you of the Year of Young People 2018 supporters’ logo is permitted on a temporary basis, up to and including 31 December 2018.
- You agree that you will provide to us, immediately on our request, copies of all marketing materials and any other items that you have created using the logo.
- Use of the Year of Young People 2018 supporters’ logo must follow brand guidelines as laid out in supporting document.
- The Scottish Government reserves the right to refuse or withdraw use of the Year of Young People 2018 branding and logo at any time.
3. Restricted Categories
Under NO circumstances should the Year of Young People 2018 brand, either directly or through indirect association and/or endorsement on its media platforms, be associated with the following categories of advertising, sponsorship or promotional activities.
The following categories are prohibited (this includes any thematic references within any advertising, sponsorship, promotional or related creative content):
- Pornography or any other products, themes or content with adult themes or themes of a sexual nature (e.g. contraceptives, adult toys)
- Drugs (including, without limitation, prescription medicines, tobacco or smoking related products and illegal/other illicit drugs/substances).
- Weapons (real and look alike replica guns and knives). Dangerous products including fireworks, matches.
- Gambling including betting, lotteries and scratch cards.
- Violent sports or other potentially dangerous recreational activities.
- Diet/Slimming products such as diet pills/food substitutes/slimming shakes, items or services positioned as miracle solutions for weight problems.
- Death-related products and services (e.g. funerals, burial or other memorial products and services).
If the need arises, we may suspend access to the logos or remove access to them indefinitely.
5. Information About You
6. Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
- You must not misuse the Toolkit by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Toolkit, the server on which the Toolkit is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Toolkit. You must not attack the Toolkit via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching the above point, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Toolkit will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Toolkit or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
7. Freedom of Information
As a Scottish Public Authority, all information held by us is subject to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and the Access to Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (each as amended) (the “FOI Laws”). You should be aware all or any part of any information you provide to us or submit in connection with the logos (including the details provided by you when you sign up for access to the logos) may require to be disclosed pursuant to our obligations under the FOI Laws.
8. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The Scottish courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, access to and/or use of the logos although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
11. Your Concerns
If you have any concerns in connection with use of the logos and associated branding guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.