Visit #YOYP2018 at the Glasgow European Championships 2018
From zorbing and boccia bucket throwing to monkey suits and a graffiti wall. We’ve got it all going on at the YoYP pop-up area in Glasgow Green from 2-12 August.
This Year is all about inspiring Scotland through its incredible young people. What better way to do this than pitching up at Glasgow Green, as part of the European Championships Cultural Festival, for young people to showcase their talents.
- Junk Art – Impact Arts and young people will be creating a sculpture live, out of whatever rubbish they can find!
- Living Capsule – Share something you want to do by the time you turn 20 or what you may remember from your 20s to help create a ‘living capsule.’ This will be kept in the The Scottish Parliament for years to come.
- Take part in sit down active games such as Boccia Bucket and volley ball, with Scottish Disability Sport and young athletes.
- Dance, dance, dance with The Dimestop workshops for all ages and fitness levels!
Come and chill on the scribble sofa and take some silly selfies – strike your best pose & much more! Don’t forget to hashtag #YOYP2018
Pride House and YoYP 2018
Head along the road from Glasgow Green to Pride House International, with LGBT being at the heart of the Glasgow European Championships 2018. Check it out to see the range of YoYP activity happening:
- Young people from across Scotland have been asked to contribute a creative piece towards the Pride House Legacy Quilt.
- Eat, Meet and Learn about Scottish sport from Spirit of 2012 Youth Adivosry Panel and various stakeholders.
- Hear from inpsirational LGBT young people who are changemakers in the world of sport at a YoYP reception.
- Red Ribbon Bear mixes his interest of local history with the Glasgow Gay scene to create an LGBT history walk, reminiscing of venues now gone and taking a tour around Glasgow.
Check out more activities at Pride House click here.