Competition: Global Voices
Do you want to put a stop to climate change? Stand up against inequality? Or are you passionate about helping people in other countries?
Take part in the Global Voices competition to win cash prizes and share your ideas with Scottish Government Ministers.
Answer the question: How do you think Scotland can make a difference in the world and issues affecting the planet and citizens?
How to enter
Be as creative as you want – it could be a letter, vlog, poster or article. And you can enter as an individual or group!
Have an idea? Here’s what you do next.
It’s open to 8 to 26 year olds from Scotland. 3 winners will be selected from 3 categories: primary school (8 +), secondary school and 18 – 26 year olds.
The best bit – the prize!
• The chance to tell your ideas to Scottish Government Ministers
• A tour of the Scottish Parliament for you and your class
Winners in both the school aged categories will get a £1000 cash prize for the school of each winning entry.
Winners of the 18-26 category will get £1500 to research or run their idea, plus a trip to Brussels to visit Scotland House, have a tour of the European Parliament and meet a Member of the European Parliament.
Your entry should cover:
• Why this issue matters to you
• What steps you would take to improve the situation at home in Scotland and in other countries
• What impact you think your idea would have on the world and how you can see Scotland leading the way?
• Deadline is midnight on 9 December
• Each entry must be from an individual, a group of up to 4 young people or a primary or secondary school class
• A parent, guardian, youth worker or teacher must be the point of contact for all entries with young people under 16
• You can get help and advice to help with your idea but the final entry must come from young people
• Written applications must be no more than 1000 words, and videos no more than 7 minutes
• Entries 18-26 must submit a short paragraph (no more than 200 words) explaining how you would use the £1500 prize to further your research or implement your idea
• Entries will be judged by a group of young people and Scottish Government officials
Got all of the above covered? Here’s the final steps:
Please name the file with your full name and the title of your entry & submit a personal information form for each person in your entry!
You will be contacted via email to confirm the team have received your application.
If you would like to send your entry by post:
International Futures – 2H South