VOICES: YOYP 2018 Event
Year of Young People turned up the volume on young people’s voices. 2018 might nearly be over, but that doesn’t mean we are away to put our feet up and get tucked into the Quality Streets.
Let’s get louder. Voices: YOYP 2018 is an event inviting 300 young people from across the country for a day of inspirational speakers and workshops.
From vlogger workshops, to comedy confidence and slam poetry, the day is promising to be a memorable one. Run by groups of young people, it hopes to spark ideas and practical ways that young people can keep using their voice and make change happen after YOYP.
Happening at the Argyle St Arches in Glasgow on 10 December, the day will be hosted by comedy cracker, Anna Devitt. Plus we will be able to enjoy performances from Scottish Poetry Slam Winners and singer, Emily Middlemas.
• Erin Doogan aka Beauty Creep. Will be sharing her experiences of developing her YouTube channel which is all about Scotland and tackling stigmas.
• See Me Scotland will bring a special Feels FM workshop – the world’s first emoji-powered juke box – which uses music to help make talking about feelings normalised.
• Comedy Confidence – it’s not all about wanting to be the next Kevin Bridges, this workshop is a fun way to learn how to build confidence through body language, words and more!
• Stefan Hoggan an accomplished retired para swimmer, triathlete, TV personality, swimming coach and proud Fifer, will be sharing his experience of overcoming bulling.
• ONE TO WATCH: Suhit Amin, set up his own social media agency, during his exams and while going through chemotherapy. He will be sharing his incredible success story and running a workshop on setting up your own business.
• Studio Something will be running ‘What it means to be young’ a creative workshop which will see young people co-create an exciting installation!
• Our very own YOYP Ambassadors and Communic18 (the groups behind making YOYP happen!) will be sharing their experiences, and sharing practical ways attendees can influence decision makers.
• Scottish Government Ministers will be there on the day too!
Follow #YOYP2018 for updates
Invites went directly to local authorities as we wanted make sure young people across the country had the opportunity to attend. Get in touch if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org